Friday, March 28, 2008

In Style

This can often be a hot topic for many of us scrappers " My work is the same, my LO's are looking similar" so I have come to this conclusion if you are feeling like this then rest your mind and be assured as many artists work from around the world is similar and their style is usually always the same...so your normal and be proud of it!
Look around and you will see great artists such as Picasso, Salvador Dali and Monet..you can't tell me that with each painting came a different style, only a different subject, so now I feel more confident when my LO's are similar , this represents who I am, what I luv and this makes me and my work unique .
There should be no judgement or criticism of others work, I luv visiting certain fellow scrappers blogs, sites and gallery's because their work does has a certain style which appeals to me and I look forward to seeing this style again , again and again. I never feel the work is boring or old , it is beautiful and captivating and that is why I return, just as you may revisit the same art gallery or listen even to the same style of music, or wear the same style of clothes,it's because you like it, this is what represents you and in suit this should follow into your scrap booking you should feel comfortable with what your creating not trying to create something different because you feel you need to change. Styles will grow and change given time just as naturally as do your choice of clothes.......free yourself from these trains of thought, be yourself and love it!

2 comments:

karen said...

Wow what a great little speach...
But yes your right, you scrap because you want to not because you have too.
As long as you like what your layout looks like thats all that counts.

SANDIE MALLON said...

love what you have shared ... will catch up on monday on the forum .. thank you for the beaut message ... mulling over what was put.. will have my answers monday YAY she updated.. i lvoe your blog and your work you share... off to spend FAMILY time in front of TV..

have a great weekend what is left of it

sandie
xx